Ironically —we in India are more worried about the mileage of our cars than our own Productivity / Efficiency
If someone were to video record your day- would you feel PROUD seeing the recording? If your typical days signify a ‘sense of permanent urgency’ & ‘endless distractions’- Read on …
‘Life is just not an EMERGENCY’; but we live it like that.
We have created so many distractions & still want ourselves & our kids to be focused. Instead of ‘FOCUS’; a smarter thing to do would be to train ourselves around ‘EFFICIENCY’ & ‘ENERGY’. This blogpost treats this subject. And YES ! a request from my side :’If you do LIKE reading this post :- SHARE it with your friends by pressing the SHARE button below (FaceBook/ Twitter)’. You CAN then make a difference to your friend’s lives.
Last month I upgraded my mobile set. Didn’t understand the functioning much; as the new mobile was over-literate for my brain. Asked my tech savvy friend who had issues in his career & his life…He said: ‘Akash, it is not what your mobile can do for you: it is what you can do with it. ‘I told him:-‘It is not what your life does to you but what you do with it’. Keeping SMART PHONES & not using them 100% is analogous to not utilizing the 100% of your life and exhausting it away in trivialities. Do not compromise. You’re ‘ALL’ that you’ve got.
Was looking back @ my last 10 yrs & understanding: ‘Clarity & not Duality’ has genuinely helped me. Guess – this is the code. Either ‘LEAVE it !’ or be the ‘BEST in it’ .It is just like-“You have a girlfriend or you don’t have..Beech ka kuchh nahi (sort of- friend, crush, munh boli behen,etc.). Being MEDIOCRE is being ‘NOwhere’ (You end up making more and more sisters). When you decide to live like a ‘Rockstar’ every damn minute of the day – you’ll see destiny ‘getting you accepted’; like that.
‘Clarity’ & ‘Fearlessness’ are like two super duper ‘mindsets’; if one could work hard to possess them. One feels like a king with them. When you try to live your life 100% i.e. with full positive momentum – the ‘Useless stuff’ just gets washed out. Focus remains.
I am going to next SHARE with you my biggest learning in Life. You have a choice- EITHER to accept it fully OR to waste a few decades (like me) and then learn and implement. The biggest secret of productivity / efficiency is:-
e.g. If you have decided that ‘you are to wake up at 5 in the morning, have a quick bath and then begin your day — THEN PROTECT THIS DECISION OF YOURS AT ANY COST. Weave your everything else around this / such decisions. Khuch bhee ho jaaye…
e.g. If you have decided that you will spend 30 mins daily pursuing your favorite hobby (By hobby, I don’t mean Engineers Waali) — then — ‘Ye karnaa hai ; chahe Khuch bhee ho jaaye…’ . Baaki sab iskey aas paas.
My work gets me to be at India’s Top Boardrooms / Colleges / School Campuses and I see 90% of the youth there – Time passing / Day Dreaming / Remaining obsessed with Sex / Struggling with ‘People issues’. This is because: –
‘There is DISCIPLINE missing in Life’. Remain disciplined to your routines / Goals and trust me – there will be no ‘Time’ remaining to pass.
One reason why we remain ‘MEDIOCRE’ :- We always let our ‘Will Power’ get ruled over by the ‘SWAAD / CHASKA’ aspects of our life. e.g. Would it matter after a few years -‘Who won in the match between Mumbai Indians & Royal Challengers Bangalore’? or your FB Status or ‘People issues’ or your hairstyle which you feel so much worried about. ,or the fact that “Har ek friend zaruri hota hai”
Reduce the ‘SWAD / CHASKA’ & see yourself ‘Rising & Shining…’. DISCIPLINE ….Yes !!! That’s it !
Ten Utility ways to raise your Productivity / Efficiency:
- Strongly believe in ‘starts’, ‘starts of the days’. ‘Morning’ = ‘More + Inning’. It is the chance that God gives us to play more out of an inning everyday.
I generate hazaar killer confidence with a ‘great start’ to my day. It helps me remain in ‘MAUJ’, the whole day then. Vijay Maalya while addressing students @ an IIM said:-‘Don’t spend much time in the bed, as only prostitutes’ make money out there’. Mornings should be to celebrate silence, celebrate the nature’s prodigality. Quite unlike my neighbor -who celebrates his mornings with loud FM / Bollywood songs.
People who talk a lot early in the morning; create an energy imbalance early in the day. This imbalance lasts then the whole day. 15 mins of Exercise in the morning is much much more effective than 15 hours of ‘Gossip’ that one does in a day…
- Wind up the toughest ‘TO Dos’ early on. Winding up the toughest ‘to do jobs’ early gives me the confidence to do the rest ‘easily’. Keeping the ‘tough- To Dos’ towards the end of the day, keeps me tense about them the whole day. This method has reduced my stress immensely…”An advice- Biwi se sasuraal ke saare issues subah hi discuss kar lene chahiye.”
How can your day be an ‘AWESOME’ one – if you have not imagined it already to be like that. Visualize WOW! Days and trust me you’ll achieve them.
- It is SO MUCH about —‘What you EAT’ :- Any small tablet which we take when we fall ill – does so much inside our body – that we get cured. So imagine what bad food would be doing ??? We just EAT & keep on Eating ; as if there is an invisible Rakshash (ghostly demon) sitting inside our stomachs and seeking his quota of food & pleasure. Do simple 4 things (considering that these are v much doable by anyone):-
- Eat less — this is the secret.
- Do not eat after 8pm
- Drink lots of Water
- Jabardasti add Fruits & Green vegetables to your diet. An apple costs much less than your educated Burger.
- How many times in a day do you get this feeling – ‘ Wow! I am improving my Efficiency!’ ? Saying such positively affirmative words to your own self some 4-5 times in a day will permanently set this ‘efficiency chip in your mind’. This can happen when you focus on the ‘intelligent FEW’ rather than the ‘Boring MANY’ aspects of your own.
- A closer look at the youth around makes me understand why we are ‘Aiwayein Khajal’ (i.e. Feel useless) ? :-
We take too little responsibility for addressing our ‘CORE’ needs- We dissipate too much energy in Blame, Complaint & Finger pointing. SO much busy we are in getting things done that we forget to pause & ask ourselves:– ‘Is this really what I want’- ‘Am I putting my Time & Energy at the right place’ ..
Woh kaam hee kyun karne ; jinko karne kee zaroorat nahin hai. People are just too caught in ‘imaginary troubles’ than the ‘real troubles’… Hota nahin hai – phir bhi aiwayein banaya hota hai
- We are too much caught in impressing people around by trying to look / sound ‘COOL’. This results in us being permanently caught in the web of ‘people issues’. This is your YOUTH. To whom do you grant the power to tell you what to do with a chunk of your YOUTH ? Don’t give this power to people around. Mind is a terrible thing to waste to people around. Especially the people — who wouldn’t even matter after a few years.
Oops! I see people irreparably getting into the habit of ‘finding a problem with/ commenting about / discussing uselessly’ anyone who is ‘NOT LIKE THEM’. Gandey tareekay se phans rahey ho — agar ye aadat pad rahi hai !
- ‘The law of Conservation of energy’ & smart decisions about ‘Where to put that energy’ are the two most intelligent decisions you can make – if u r to get better…The biggest ‘IRONY’ with us is that ‘WE KNOW what will give us pain’; & we still ‘DO IT’…!!
Zindagi mein kaam aur Zindagi kay ‘mudday (issues)’ kabhi khatam nahi hotay. ‘State of mind’ sudharna apne haath mein hai. If you still fight with ‘customer care’ departments of your mobile number- you need to seriously keep care of yourself. Kyun ? Kyaa hogaa ? Koi faaydaa nahin …Leave it ! We save our money @ smallest of places and burn our blood while doing that. Interestingly we loose more while doing that. Don’t save like this: ‘Penny wise ; Pound foolish’
Almost everything; trust me EVERYthing around us is feeding our mind into the ‘HABIT’ of feeling the ‘EXCITEMENT’ every hour of the day. Media, Cricket, F1, Movies, Opposite sex, Facebook, College Fests, etc.. I feel worried!! as withdrawal symptoms of all this will be tough ! EXCITEMENT is very different from HAPPINESS. Happiness is all that you get when you are en-route your Goals. Rest everything is EXCITEMENT. Zindagi me SHAANTI (Sukoon,peace) is Happiness..Zindagi me SHAANTI(Ladki) is excitement..
Without the ‘Celebration in the mind’, ‘celebrations outside’ will be vacuous, tangential & too short-lived. Work on being Happy; than just sheer ‘Excited’.
- Limit your internet to max half-an-hour day. ‘Don’t update your FB status unnecessarily. First, make one. It is always better to UP-GRADE your Real-life Status than UP-date your FB one. If you start spending 50% of your internet time; ‘talking sincerely, lovingly & deeply’ with your parents / family – DIVINITY will start flowing in your life. We need emotions around to balance our web lives.
- Talk less. Take out from your life — the useless talk that we have got into the habit of ‘so much doing’. The secret code of Communication: – ‘Talk about others more than talking about your own self’. Trust me — no one is interested in your stories. Only bore people ‘talk about themselves’. Do not take ‘what people comment about you’; very seriously. One Life — trust me — it wouldn’t matter. Laugh it off — instead of reacting. Our five senses are incomplete without the sixth – a sense of HUMOR.:). Our productivities / efficiencies will much increase if we learn ‘how to avoid unnecessary CONTROVERSIES’.
- Make a list of 5 things- which dissipate / diffuse / waste / lessen your energies. Now make a list of 5 things which enhance your energies. The trick is simple. Do more of latter and reduce the former. Simple; as this! Whenever the traffic of the ‘details of LIFE & LIVING’ becomes very heavy – ‘CREATE Flyovers ‘…. & Wrooooom !!
Kabhi to meri bhi sunwaai hogi mehfil mein / maen yeh umeed liye baar baar login karta raha
PASSWORD : Extreme will power, discipline & laser sharp focus .
Password Accepted !!
Rise & Shine…
But — ‘Laziness + ‘No Action’ = More Laziness!’ Jab pataa hai kee ye kaam karnaa hai ; karnaa hee padegaa – to kyun naa Khush hokar karein..?
Happy & Energetic people will be more successful
And YES — DO NOT forget to SHARE this blogpost on your FB / Twitter. Shine on !